Need of "Advertise" Page on your Blog | Lafandar.org
If you have made a popular blog Adsense or other adnetwork can't be your life time earning method. There is always a lots of free space on the website which can be utilized to earn money.In this article I am going to tell why you shouldnot neglect the "advertise with us " page and what you should add or remove from the page.
Why you need "Advertise" Page ?
If you think about it, selling ad space is like selling any other product or service. You’ll need to convince your prospects that spending money to advertise on your site will be a wise business decision, that it will have a positive return on investment and so on.
That is why it is important to put some work into your “Advertise” page, because it will do great part of the selling for you. Having a great “Advertise” page can be the different between landing many ad deals and not landing any at all.
Essential Components of the Page
1. Statistics about your Website :- Providing stats of your website/blog gives advertiser an idea about the popularity of the website.At least you should provide the number of unique vistors and pageviews. You will gain some points if you show the google analytics screenshot.
2. Audience Information :- Advertisers wants to see what kind of people visits your blog , their sex,geographic location, preferred language,interests. Easy way to collect this information is collecting survey with your readers . For Eg ;- If you are Hosting a technology blog you could run a poll asking vistors which hosting service is better either "BlueHost" or "DreamHost"
Another method of collecting this information is Alexa . Alexa Shows complete information about users and even pageviews.
3.Information About Ad Slots :- The third essential compent of "Advertise Page" is information regarding the availibilty about ad slots. Make sure to list the banner size such as leaderboard (728 x 90) or rectangle (336 x 280) or some standard Ad formats. Also provide information about the ad slots whether they are available or sold out.
Should I Add Price Quote to " Advertise " Page ?
Including the price of each banner placement on the “Advertise” page has both pros and cons, so you’ll need to decide what is right for your case. The pros are that it will help advertisers make a decision, and if your prices are competitive, it might also convince some of them. The drawback is that the price tag might scare potential advertisers even before you have a chance to talk to them.
I prefer to not show the prices, because once a potential advertiser contacts me via email I’ll be in a better position to negotiate, address his concerns, make counter-offers and so on. I will also keep his contact, which can be used in the future to foster new deals.
If you want to give more information to your potential advertisers, these are some elements you can include in your “Advertise” page:
1. A list of current and past sponsors. Social proof plays a role in most aspects of our society, and advertising is no exception. Displaying a list of current and past sponsors, especially if you have some good names there, might convince new advertisers to give your site a shot.
2. Testimonials from current and past sponsors. Another way to convince potential sponsors is to give them a testimonial from companies that already advertised on your site and had a positive return on their investments. Even better if you can include numbers (e.g., how long the advertiser stayed, how many clicks he got, how many money he made as a consequence and so on).
3. Awards you won. If you or your website won any awards, you could list them in the “Advertise” page. This will help potential advertisers understand the quality of your content and brand.
4. Mentions from mainstream media. Whether you like it or not, most companies still consider mainstream media as the most credible source of information around. If you have been mentioned on or linked from a mainstream media publication you could leverage that gain credibility with potential advertisers.
Linking to Your “Advertise” Page
Your “Advertise” page will only be effective if potential advertisers actually visit it. That is why you need to link to it from different places on your website.
At the very minimum you want to place a link to that page on the footer of your website. That is where most large websites put the link, and as a consequence most marketers will look there first.
If you want more visibility to your page, however, you should also link to it from the main navigation menu. This will ensure that even people who hadn’t considered to advertise on your site will do so after seeing your link.
Third, you can also use placeholder banners saying “Advertise Here” and then link then to your “Advertise” page.
Some Example's of " Advertise Page"
If you really want to get some inspiration look at the following advertise page :-
Need of "Advertise" Page on your Blog | Lafandar.org Reviewed by Ankita Deshmukh on 2:59 PM Rating: